Updated March 19, 2020
The Swift Current Branch Library is closed to the public effective March 17, 2020 in order to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- All late fees on borrowed library material will be waived until at least April 31, 2020.
- Please keep your library material until we reopen.
- Branch staff will be available by phone, email, Facebook Messenger, and social media until further notice. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
- We offer 24/7 digital access to thousands of eBooks and eAudiobooks through Overdrive / Libby. We will be expanding our digital collection shortly in response to this situation. Visit Chinooklibrary.ca and click on eBooks, or download the Libby app on your mobile device. Please contact library staff if you need assistance, or if you’d like to get a free library membership.
Protect yourself and other community members by washing your hands thoroughly and frequently. Cough into your elbow, avoid touching your face, and practice social distancing. Stay home if have any cold or flu-like symptoms.
For up-to-date, reliable information about Covid-19 in our community, visit https://www.saskatchewan.ca/coronavirus.
Contact the library if you need help finding reliable information about health or community resources.
How to reach us:
- Phone 306-778-2752 (Mon- Fri 9am – 5pm, or by chance) You can leave a message and we’ll try to get back to you
- Email email@example.com
- Facebook: @swiftcurrentpubliclibrary
This is unprecedented in our time, but I believe that in Swift Current we are in a strong position to handle this situation by supporting each other as a community. If you need to reach me urgently, call or text me on my cell phone: 306-750-2496. I encourage you all to look out for your friends and neighbours while practicing social distancing and infection control, and to ask for help if you need it.
Manager, Swift Current Library