INTERNAL & EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Position Title: Library Assistant 2 (Permanent Part Time)
Location: Swift Current Branch
Start Date: As soon as possible
Rate of Pay: $14.46 (step 1)
The Swift Current Branch Library is seeking a Part-time Library Assistant 2 with excellent customer service skills to work in a busy environment. Strong computer and technical skills are required. This position will have regularly scheduled shifts of 12 – 27 hours per week (average of 17.5) which includes daytime, evenings, and weekends. Extra shifts are available, and it is an asset to have flexible availability.
Under the direction of the Circulation Supervisor or Branch Manager, the successful applicant will perform a complete range of clerical duties necessary for the operation of the branch, including assisting patrons and performing specialized responsibilities as assigned. Training will be provided.
- Carries out all tasks related to the circulation of materials
- Assists patrons in the use of specialized equipment, e.g. photocopier, scanner, microfilm readers, public access computers, tablets & eReaders
- Maintains the general library materials collection by shelving and shelf reading print materials
- Providing customer service for our Senior Outreach program
- Other related duties as assigned
- Assists in children’s, young adult, and adult programs as needed
These duties may change according to the needs of the branch.
- Grade 12, plus some post-secondary education preferred
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, keyboarding speed of 35 wpm, strong Internet searching skills
- Familiarity with the Chinook Regional Library website and the library circulation system is an asset
- Understanding and appreciation of the philosophy of public library service to people of different ages and cultural backgrounds
- Experience with customer service in a busy environment
- Able to respond with tact, politeness and good judgment to the needs of patrons
- Familiar with public library collections and resources; knowledge of Dewey Decimal System
- Able to stand for periods of time, able to bend and shelve books, able to move library furniture as needed, able to lift boxes of books up to 18 kg.
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Required to obtain Safe Places Certification which includes an online training program, and RCMP Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Check.
Please apply in writing outlining your qualifications and experience to Andrea McCrimmon, Manager, Swift Current Branch, at email@example.com on or before Wed. June 5, 2019.
Regularly scheduled shifts: