INTERNAL and EXTERNAL POSTING
TEMPORARY FULL-TIME POSITION
Location: Chinook Regional Library Headquarters, Swift Current
Start: As soon as possible
End: 30 September 2019.
Rate of Pay: Pay Band 4, step 1, $14.46 per hour
Chinook Regional Library Headquarters requires a temporary full-time Shipper/Receiver until September 30, 2019, with a possible extension. Headquarters is open from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. No evening or weekend work will be assigned. Training will be provided.
Chinook Regional Library Headquarters full-time staff work up to 37.5 hours per week.
Description of Duties:
- This position primarily unpacks, sorts and repacks courier bins with library materials for branches.
- Very careful attention to detail required for this job
- Prints waybills for courier bins
- Assists with processing new books, DVDs and CDs, including laminating book covers, stamping and applying stickers to new library materials.
- Repairs books
- Assists with weeding and recycling library collections
- Cleans DVDs and CDs
- Operates the postage meter
- Other duties as assigned
- Grade 12, plus some post-secondary education preferred
- This job requires lifting courier bins filled with books which weigh up to 18 kg
- Able to stand for periods of time, able to bend and shelve books
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Familiarity with LEAP/Polaris library circulation system is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Saskatchewan driver’s license and a clean Driver’s abstract
- Criminal record check
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and a current resume by email to Kathryn Foley, Director, Chinook Regional Library at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Closing date: June 24, 2019 or when the position is filled.