Programs and group events at the Swift Current Branch Library are cancelled as of March 14 in order to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- The Swift Current Branch Library will remain open regular hours for the time being.
- We have implemented extra cleaning for commonly touched surfaces and have hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes readily available.
- Toys have been removed from the children’s area in order to avoid the spread of germs.
- All late fees on borrowed library material will be waived until April 31.
- The outdoor book drop will be open 24 hours.
- Do not visit the library if you are feeling ill, have travelled outside the country in the last 14 days, or have been in close contact with someone who has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
- If you are feeling unwell, please keep your library material until further notice.
Chinook Regional Library offers free access to thousands of eBooks and eAudiobooks through Overdrive. Visit Chinooklibrary.ca and click on eBooks, or download the Libby app on your mobile device. Please contact library staff if you need assistance, or if you’d like to get a library membership.
We are able to offer curbside pickup of holds and other library materials for patrons who need it. If you need a volunteer to drop off library material at your front door, please contact us to discuss.
Protect yourself and other community members by washing your hands thoroughly and frequently. Cough into your elbow, avoid touching your face, and stay home if you are sick.
For up-to-date, reliable information about Covid-19 in our community, visit https://www.saskatchewan.ca/coronavirus.
Contact the library if you need help finding reliable information about health or community resources. You can reach us at 306-778-2752, email@example.com, or message us on Facebook.
Andrea McCrimmon, Manager, Swift Current Branch Library