INTERNAL & EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Position Title: Children’s Programmer (Casual)
Location: Swift Current Branch Library
Start Date: As soon as possible
Rate of Pay: $17.22 (step 1)
Job Description: Chinook Regional Library is seeking an enthusiastic casual Children’s Programmer to work on an as-needed basis. This position will be based out of the Swift Current Branch Library but programming in Rural Branches may sometimes be required. Some daytime, evening, and weekend shifts will be required.
- Plans, prepares and executes programs for all ages of children for the Swift Current Branch. Programming may include baby & toddler times, story times, puppet shows, and special events
- Provides special programming for rural branches as needed
- Provide outreach children’s services to local schools, daycares and other groups
- Possesses a solid general education and familiarity with children’s literature and resources
- Committed to excellence in customer service
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to understand and interpret library policies, procedures, and rules
- Comfortable working with children, parents, caregivers, and educators
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to organize work for efficient use of time
- Ability to initiate, organize, and follow through on programs, services, and projects
- Able to respond with tact, politeness and good judgment to the needs of patrons
- Able to stand for periods of time, able to bend and shelve books, able to move library furniture as needed, able to lift up to 15 kg.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
Required to obtain Safe Places Certification which includes an online training program, and RCMP Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Check.
Please apply in writing outlining your qualifications and experience to Andrea McCrimmon, Manager, Swift Current Branch Library, at email@example.com . This position will remain open until a suitable applicant is found.