This summer’s lineup includes the TD Summer Reading Club, Maker Kids, a visit from the Saskatchewan Science Centre, Read to a Dog, and more!
- Kids ages 2 – 13 will have lots of fun at the library this summer. Our Summer Reading Club starts off on July 6 with a super fun party and games like hoop roll, pretend to milk cows, ring toss and other activities. For young children, ages 3 – 5, we will colour a Canadian flag, and for older children, ages 6 – 13+, we will make a Canada party hat with an LED light hooked to the top.
- Teens can hone their creative writing skills with professional authors Peggy Worrell during the Sage Hill Teen Writing Experience from Tuesday, July 4 to Friday, July 7 from 10 am to 5 pm each day. This program is for young writers aged 14 – 18 years old.
- Summer Reading Club activities take place every Tuesday at 2pm from July 11 – August 8.
- On Tuesdays, July 11 through to August 8 at 2 pm, we will be having the TD Summer Reading Club for children ages 2-5. This is a story time program that includes books, rhymes, finger plays, crafts, puppet shows and Read to a Dog; Talla LOVES to have the children read to her.
- Maker Kids’ Club meets at 2 pm on Tuesdays, July 11 through August 8. This program is for children ages 6-13+. This program includes 3D designing using Tinkercad, making Pom-Pom Penguins, LED Beavers and button tree, also get chance of using Little Bits, Snap Circuits and Northern Light Pastel Pictures.
- The Saskatchewan Science Centre and the Swift Current Branch Library presents: Go! Science on Friday, July 28 at 1 to 3 pm. This program is geared toward children in grades K-6 and is designed to create a fun and interactive learning experience; sessions include Rock Your Socks, Terrific Tech, and Brain Train. Come for all or any of the sessions and make cool things that you can take home.
- At our Summer Reading Club Wrap Up Party, read a story with Shimmer; the literacy donkey. Mark the Wrap Up Party on your calendars for Thursday, August 17 at 1 pm.
If you would like more information about our summer programs, please contact Andrea McCrimmon or Tekeyla Friday at 306-778-2752.